Glendale, CADate Added: September 10, 2019
Duration: 13 month(s)
The Sr. Project Manager performs the role of technical project manager and scrum master across one or more Studio Technology project teams and is a strong contributor to the evolution of the project management capabilities. A Sr. Project Manager improves the delivery of solutions and leverage project management knowledge across the Studio Technology organization. The Sr. Project Manager will lead project team(s) consisting of product managers, business analysts, software engineers, and QA testers across multiple projects. The Sr. Project Manager will work closely with the Product Manager and Technical Lead to understand and manage project requirements, scope, timelines and budget, while communicating project status to stakeholders and management
- Responsible for on-time, in-scope and in-budget delivery of large scale projects and leading multiple project teams
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project including scope, schedule, and resources
- Perform in the role of a scrum master across one or more project teams
- Conduct daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demo and sprint retrospectives
- Work with the product development team to understand and manage project requirements, scope, timelines and budget
- Provide clear reporting of project status across all projects via executive dashboards that include: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, issue identification, and resource management
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders and management
- Create and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify and communicates resource constraints and potential priority conflicts to assist the organization in evaluating and reprioritizing deadlines
- Apply project management methodology and enforces project standards which enable the team to meet targets
- Prepare for project reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manage project budget
- Assist in evaluation of application development vendors, as required
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and/or trends in technology for the entertainment industry
Proven track record in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple, high-visibility, large-scale technology projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and consultants.
- Knowledgeable in project management methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality deliverables
- Genuine interest and pride in mentoring junior staff
- Proactive and possess a hands-on, collaborative working style
- Action oriented with high standard for quality and performance
- Creative problem solver
- Experience managing several projects concurrently and managing project portfolio
- Demonstrated experience using scheduling, budgeting and collaboration tools within the project management discipline
- Excellent abilities in public communications and consensus building
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to management
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- 8 years of increasing responsibility in project leadership delivering both small and large scale applications
- 5 years experience as a project manager using an iterative project methodology (Agile, Scrum, etc.) with a demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Bachelor degree required; Technical degree is a plus
- Prior experience working in Media, Entertainment, or Technology industries preferred
- Big-X consulting experience is a plus
- CSM certification is required
- CSPO certification is a plus
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!