Lake Buena Vista, FLDate Added: September 03, 2019
The Communications and Training Technical Specialist supports the technical creation of communication, training, and change management deliverables for defined projects related to the company’s financial systems (e.g. SAP, Business Warehouse, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.) as well as select front-of-house systems (e.g., Point of Sale, Front Desk, Ticketing). The Specialists key focus will be to develop defined training and communication deliverables partnering with project team members to ensuring that they will meet the business needs and objectives culminating in the ultimate successful adoption of the defined project objectives. This may also include documenting the current vs future state changes and building a comprehensive change management plan that addresses all constituent needs and incorporating those into the detailed level training and communication deliverables.
This role will have accountability to develop & complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner ensuring that all information is documented comprehensively. He/she is responsible for timely communication with project leadership.
Developing training curriculum for defined project deliverables including but not limited to:
- Web-based Training
- QRGs/Help Guides
- Creating Video training shorts: 5 to 10 minute videos that provide instruction select topics (similar to YouTube videos)
- Support of tools to handle large volume communication and training distributions across multiple channels including Unified Messaging (UM)
- Administration of knowledge repository sites and tools including SharePoint, Financial Systems Help, Backlot, and others.
Candidate should be familiar and comfortable with leveraging current best practices and new technological trends supporting adult learning and non-traditional training approaches, including social media and interactive web based deliverables to enhance the effectiveness of communication and training.
- Create instructional material including quick reference guides, instructor-led training, information sheets and web-based training
- Evaluating participant/management feedback and adapting programs to improve effectiveness
- Design training material standards, develop tracking/reporting systems and test/validate on-line or web-based applications
- Ensure training requirements are met by analyzing learning needs and determining/implementing the optimal solutions. Emphasis will be on defining, designing, developing, testing and delivering training curriculum, tools and programs. Involves designing instructional systems, processes and documentation including course objectives, content outlines and course evaluations.
- Develop and execute specific communication messages for the varying levels of the organization directly and impacted by the change, at critical stages of the project for employees, managers and higher leadership levels
- Determine and measuring change analytics to gauge the effectiveness communications and training
- Collaborate with information technology personnel to streamline process flows and foster awareness of change
- Assist with the creation of training programs, including requirements, design, and implementation – provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Interacts with IT, other segments and subject matter experts to support system project implementations and enhancements
- Executes project activities to ensure project work stream progresses on schedule
- Effectively and proactively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally
- Contributes to the productivity and morale of the team
- Positively confront issues and resolves conflict with sound judgment
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risk and resource requirements.
- Participates and aligns with long term strategy for Financial Systems and related processes within their process area
- Uses knowledge of the company’s products and services to meet customer needs
- Stays current on business issues, industry trends and technological advances.
- Connects segment & process priorities to the greater organizational goals
- Pulls and monitors metrics to obtain trends and patterns to identify process/system opportunities and execute corrective action
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Demonstrates an understanding of specific business process and related objectives.
- 4 to 6 years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in internal communications and/or employee training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms as well as HTML and CSS knowledge
- Expert ability in creating presentations and training materials
- Work experience in finance or accounting
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Warehouse, Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. ServiceNow, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience in the field of: Change Management, Project Management, Accounting, Finance, Communications, Organizational Development, Public Relations, Marketing, Education, Instructional Design, Business, Information Technology, or other related field
- Change Management certification
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Member of American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) and/or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), or a similar professional organization
Will be interacting with various stakeholders and departments with differing styles and approaches as this role translates trainings from storyboards to video.
- Contributes documentation information to design documents and functional specifications.
- Develop and execute communication plan deliverables outlining goals, key audiences/stakeholders, objectives, recommended channels, and metrics for success and timelines
- Develop key employee communication channels, responsible for sourcing, creatively developing editorial content for newsletters, intranet, social media, and other general communications as required
- May develop basic artwork collateral to support communications plans
- Track and analyze communication metrics to measure effectiveness, engagement and support future decision making.
- Researches and develops new and effective ways to train users and to produce new courseware products
- Utilize computer based training development systems, including Adobe Captivate, SnagIt, PowerPoint, Articulate, Camtasia, GoAnimate or comparable Software
- Implements methods for customer satisfaction and courseware product assessment
- Keeps abreast of technology and solutions for key finance processes and business analytics
- Documents system/process best practices.
- Perform needs and readiness assessments – conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Implement communications and training strategies – support the design, development, delivery and management of communications
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Demonstrated self-starter; able to prepare communication and training materials with minimal input
- Partner and collaborate with clients in providing communication services and training support ensuring consistency and quality in messaging and execution
- Comfortable/at ease with technology – ability to learn new tools quickly and use them for distributing communications (Unified Messaging) and supporting the Financial Systems Help Site (WordPress)
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, their needs and potential reactions to communications and training
- Demonstrate multi-tasking skills to manage workload while adhering to deadlines and high quality
- Passion for and knowledge of new media and emerging technologies to deliver best practice communication and training solutions
- Experience in learner-focused design and learning technologies for blended, virtual learning
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Strong analytical skills to determine organizational needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Excellent active listening skills
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!